Sinovac Biotech is a biopharmaceutical company from China, which through its subsidiaries, engages in the research, development, production, and sale of vaccines that protect against human infectious diseases primarily in China.
- Healive, a vaccine for hepatitis A
- Bilive, a combined hepatitis A and B vaccine, and
- Anflu, a split virus influenza vaccine.
Sinovac also develops:
- vaccines for the H5N1 strain of pandemic influenza virus that are in Phase I and Phase II clinical trials;
- a vaccine for the Japanese encephalitis virus, which is in pre-clinical development stage; and
- a vaccine for the SARS virus that has completed a Phase I clinical trial.
Sinovac Biotech markets and sells its vaccine products primarily through various provincial and municipal centers for disease control. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Beijing.